So, in the interest of full disclosure, let me tell you this. Our #1 overall post was for the new Talenti flavors with a huge margin over anything else. Our #3 post was for the new Haagen-Dazs flavors. If you are curious, the new Edy's frozen custard guide clocked in at #9. Now with all that said, guess who's going to have a firm grip of the top of the review countdown? (and still easily leads the blog with overall page views) Guesses ready? Alrighty, let's go!
10. Talenti Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is our first entrant, though to be fair, it beats out #11 Save our Swirled by a mere 10 page views.
9. Dairy Queen Jurassic Smash aka the peanut butter cookie dough smash blizzard is the first of two blizzards on the list. It actually shows twice the interest of it's nearest competitor, the lackluster apple tart dessert.
8. Talenti Oatmeal Raisin Cookie is the other new Talenti gelato to make the list, though it's less than 10% ahead of CCCD. Ha! I just realized both of the cookie inspired flavors made the top ten, though it makes me sad that Salted Peanut Caramel didn't make the list.
7. Starbucks S'mores Frappuccino. This is kind of embarrassing... for all the other fast food chains on the blog. The only thing even remotely close in popularity would be the scary red velvet shake from BK.
6. Ben & Jerry's Peanut Buttah Cookie Core. While I wasn't terribly impressed with the 2014 core lineup (to the dismay of every media outlet that regurgitated the news), I can freely admit that I was stoked by the thought of a "cookie core" as it makes me think of my beloved cookie butter. The problem with this particular flavor is that it's a little too focused on Peanut Butter (doesn't that sound like a dumb comment?)
5. Haagen Dazs Tres Leches Brigadeiro is unfortunately the only member of the new Artisan collection to make it on our top ten list, and it did it by having double the interest of it's closest H-D competition, the chocolate caramelized oat flavor. I'll be honest, I'm shocked at the gap there, maybe people really wanted to know what "Tres Leche" was.
4. Ben & Jerry's Boom Chocolatta Cookie Core was clearly the #2 cookie core in search popularity this year for us. (I would love to do a head to head comparison with it's European variation)
3. Ben & Jerry's The Tonight Dough trails #2 by just 8 page views! This flavor is easily the most hyped B&J's flavor of 2015 as it showed up everywhere. The funny thing was that you had all these random people/celebs talking about how awesome it was, but most of the hard core enthusiasts I know agree that it's a kind of a let down when compared to Late Night Snack.
2. Ben & Jerry's Spectacular Speculoos is the #1 core in our lineup, and I am ok with that.
and the most popular review of 2015 is....
Alright, that's it. Do you agree with the countdown? If you want, throw down your favorite or top 3 or top 5 new products of 2015 in the comments and will see what happens.
*Disclaimer: Some of you might remember that our 2013 Halo Top review spent an awful lot of time in our "popular posts" box on the right side of the blog this year. Not sure what happened exactly but truth be told, that two year old review was actually the second busiest page on the blog in 2015. Scary, isn't it?!