[these are the 2011 flavors, a bunch more have come out for 2012]
I ran into Walmart on my way home hoping to find the elusive and exclusive new Blueberrry Cheesecake, but what I found instead were *5* more flavors of Breyers reloaded and reworked OVERLOAD Line. Update: Saw -2- more flavors. Update #2: website is finally updates! That makes 16 BLASTS total!
I feel a little silly for not noticing this earlier, but the side of the container specifically says there are 10 "craveable" flavors in all... wait, what, 10?? No no no, I specifically counted 11 flavors. Let's run through it. First, I spied 6 flavors at Shaws. At Walmart, I then see Reese's on the shelf and Snickers on the side of the container. That makes 8.
There were a few more flavors at the end of the Walmart aisle including the mightily named Tin Roof Sundae and Double Milkshake. I hesitate when something is daringly named Double Milkshake because it really needs to deliver in my book. I think it was basically chocolate and vanilla swirled ice cream with chocolate chunks. My apologies for not snagging a picture, it's hard when the store is real busy. Now that makes 10, but wait, I've got one more for you!
Update: I was at a different Walmart and I saw two more flavors!! Someone mentioned Whoppers, which I saw (and purchased), and I saw... BANANA SPLIT! Breyers has gone all out! That makes 13!
Update #2: Reader Nick noticed the Breyers site is finally updated! There are also vanilla and mint versions of the Oreo flavor (which makes sense), and Heath has survived the switch from OVERLOAD to BLASTS. That makes 16 in all!
Now we will slowly but surely make our way through these new flavors this spring, so stay tuned.
- Banana Split
- Chips Ahoy! Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Milkshake (discontinued in 2012)
- Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough
- Mrs. Fields Mint Fudge Brownies (discontinued before 2013)
- Mrs. Fields Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- Oreo Cookies & Cream
- Oreo Cookies & Cream Chocolate
- Oreo Cookies & Cream Mint
- Reese's peanut butter cup
- Tin Roof Sundae (discontinued in 2012)
- Waffle Cone with Hershey's Semi Sweet Chips (discontinued before 2013)
- Whoppers (discontinued 2012?)